Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3274073 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2225
you really don't care about your button images... any old thing will do. 

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2226
I know  ,I'm not much of a designer 
And too lazy to edit them to a one matching theme
I have these whole bunch of foobar themes from deviantart so why not use buttons from them

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2227
I have this idea of changing the whole theme color according to album art cover's color
I used getColorSchemeFromImage funtion from Falstaff's awesome DUiTunes theme to get theme background and text colors
I have no idea to what to do with buttons though :/
Hopefully some skin designer will figure it out

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2228
there are 2 possible solutions i can think of...

1) instead of using images, use a font with icons in (Guifx v2 Transports has a few generic things). then you change the colour dynamically to whatever you like.

2) have 2 sets of images, one dark and one light. you can determine which set to use depending on the colour of background. i'm sure there is already code floating around on the forum for that.

it's all a bit much for me though. i'm so lazy, my WSH buttons don't even have hover states any more.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2230
Tried looking around for someone to explain me how to add a background to foobar, instead of using opacity with column ui, but no help.

So does anyone know how to do it? kind of like Post #2216 Post #2219 and all the ones with images as their background with a solid color low on opacity?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2232
juniiflow,

If you haven't done this already install foobar as a portable install separate from your main foobar setup and play around with JSPlaylist and the settings. I always do this to make sure I don't wreck my main setup.

I have foobar and JSPlaylist setup so that the background portrait in the playlist changes automatically whenever a different composer's music is playing in the active playlist. This wasn't very hard to do.

Good luck!

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2233
you can't wreck any setup with JSplaylist. :/ you extract a single folder into your foobar profile which can easily be deleted if you decide not to use it. settings are per instance so simply removing the panel from any layout (DUI or CUI) will cleanly remove all traces of it.

edit: i suppose i forgot to mention the WSH panel mod component but removing that isn't difficult.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2234
you can't wreck any setup with JSplaylist.

True. But you can screw up a specific layout if you fail to save the theme before doing the changes. EG: replace a third party playlist renderer with JSPlaylist without saving is a possibility. Portable installs prevent that by allowing you to tweak whatever you want before applying to a normal install.

It's good practice if you're unfamiliar with UI customization to learn in portable mode.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2235
I was going to answer "just use the layout scratchbox" but this appears to be a Columns UI thread. I guess the author hasn't implemented one of those yet.
Stay sane, exile.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2236
I didn't say "wreck foobar with JSPlaylist".   

What I meant was I keep a main setup, currently CUI and I don't experiment with much. I also have a portable test setup (DUI) which I change when I feel the need. Currently it is running Falstaff's new playlist beta.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2237
I was going to answer "just use the layout scratchbox" but this appears to be a Columns UI thread. I guess the author hasn't implemented one of those yet.

on the plus side, you can easily add another layout and switch between them on the fly from the view menu. but people might not know this unless they are a foobar nerd.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2238
marc2003: That's great to know. I keep my test cases for my components in different tabs, isolating them into separate layouts would fit my workflow a lot, particularly now that I'm hacking on something new again.
Stay sane, exile.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2239
post #2116 uses a playlist made with WSH panel mod. you can download it here...

http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/JSPlaylist-509803158

juniiflow,

If you haven't done this already install foobar as a portable install separate from your main foobar setup and play around with JSPlaylist and the settings. I always do this to make sure I don't wreck my main setup.

I have foobar and JSPlaylist setup so that the background portrait in the playlist changes automatically whenever a different composer's music is playing in the active playlist. This wasn't very hard to do.

Good luck!

Thanks, two question tough, why isn't my background appearing, and why is it that the color stays purple when I choose blue, for example my panel settings background is blueish because I changed it, but the playlist background doesn't change.
also is there a way to make the tracks position to stay like that without using a mood or track number etc..

main
http://i.imgur.com/PeCWYjm.png

http://i.imgur.com/rFTAufe.png

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2240
So I got the background to show up by removing blur, didn't notice that applied to the background, however for some reason is not the same type of opacity customn ui does, because it appears to be a purple color instead of a dark cyan blue, meanwhile while having lower opacity with columns ui it appears the way I want it too.

but to be honest I don't mind it much, I do feel like I have lagg with this playlist.

However is there anyway to make the playlist sort by artist like simPlaylist does?

For example:

http://a.uguu.se/mziczj_2015-09-13-1908-15.mp4

See how Kaney west section displays all his albums?, I want something like that, but I am not a big coder, and even on the groups saying I couldn't find a way to modify it at all. except for removing the entire play time the album is gonna take.

Basically

Artist-------------------
  Album------------------
All songs made by Artist

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2242
^ i already told you that it was WSH panel mod in your separate thread. there is no tutorial for it. your best bet would be to browse deviantart and find the complete theme to download.

i'm pretty sure that was made by falstaff/br3tt. you can browse his stuff here: http://br3tt.deviantart.com

you should probably use a portable install of foobar for testing

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2243
Here's my config. What do you think?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2244
^ i already told you that it was WSH panel mod in your separate thread. there is no tutorial for it. your best bet would be to browse deviantart and find the complete theme to download.

i'm pretty sure that was made by falstaff/br3tt. you can browse his stuff here: http://br3tt.deviantart.com

you should probably use a portable install of foobar for testing

Yes but is not also "panel stack splitter?" which is the difference?

I want only this bar in foobar, t I can not edit a theme for only the command bar but with my configuration:

Can you help me?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2245
This is the theme:http://inappropriatenudging.deviantart.com/art/MonoLite-Plus-Mod-152653819
i have create a panel stack splitter and insert the JS script, i removed what i don't care but not work:

Help please..

I want only the black toolbar with pause,play seekbar and option,thanks

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2247
I seem to be drawn towards a bigger-is-better style these days. Quite pleased with how it looks at the moment, too.

Thanks to Falstaff and marc2003 for their awesome scripts which I totally stole and abused.

I'm looking for something similar seekbar and volume bar, any tip? Thanks!

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2249
I call this thing 'Windows Media Foobar'. It can toggle into compact 'dark' mode with visualisations and stuff via the bottom-right button, but I couldn't program it to switch into the full-screen mode just yet.