skamp doesn't have a personal statement currently.
32 years old
Jabber ID:: No Information
Joined: 4-May 04
Profile Views: 16750*
Last Seen: 26th January 2015 - 12:41
Local Time: Jan 29 2015, 15:36
1455 posts (0.37 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
My tools and measurements:Audio gear I recommend:
Audio gear I don't recommend:
- My review of the Fuze+ with Rockbox
- Digital Audio Players: iPod Classic (mind the 5.5Ω output impedance), Sansa Clip+, Sansa Fuze+ (see my review above)
- E-MU 0204 USB: rock stable USB DAC/ADC (on my Linux system) with excellent performance (see my RMAA measurements). The headphone out suffers from high output impedance though (22Ω), as well as limited power. The 0404 USB is very similar, with more inputs / outputs.
- Objective 2
portable transportable headphone amplifier: all ports are to the front, which is annoying when used as a desktop amp. It's also quite bulky (unpocketable). Excellent performance however, it will drive pretty much any headphones.
- My notes on the Topping NX1 portable headphone amplifier
- FiiO E7: loose headphone jacks, OLED display that stays on all the time, leading to screen burn-in. The display issue was fixed with the E07k, which I haven't tried.
- ODAC: would randomly disconnect on my Linux system, once a day or more; I haven't been able to determine if the ODAC was faulty, or if my system was to blame.
- Samsung HS3000 apt-X Bluetooth receiver: good sound quality thanks to apt-X, but bass is rolled-off.
See my profile for measurements, tools and recommendations.