IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DAC Benchmark?
zerowalker
post Mar 8 2013, 19:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 92828

Just wondering, how can i know if a DAC is good or bad, is there a way to Benchmark?

I remember using some kind of software from Speaker Output to Line In to compare, but not sure it that was testing the DAC or something else.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
saratoga
post Mar 8 2013, 21:19
Post #2

Member No.: 3264

Those results are pretty good, but keep in mind that if you are using the DAC to directly drive a pair of headphones (that is without an amp), performance will be worse when the actual load is hooked up. In that case, you would want to test by splitting the output between the line in and headphones to simulate normal use more directly.

If you're just using the device as a DAC (and have a separate amp or powered speakers), then you are basically done.
+Quote Post
zerowalker
post Mar 8 2013, 21:29
Post #3

Member No.: 92828

QUOTE (saratoga @ Mar 8 2013, 21:19) *
Those results are pretty good, but keep in mind that if you are using the DAC to directly drive a pair of headphones (that is without an amp), performance will be worse when the actual load is hooked up. In that case, you would want to test by splitting the output between the line in and headphones to simulate normal use more directly.

If you're just using the device as a DAC (and have a separate amp or powered speakers), then you are basically done.

I currently only use it directly with my Headphones (though not the same connector, i use HD Audio connection from the motherboard to get it to the front panel).
But itīs the same sound card, built in.

But as i said in my other topic where i asked about Amps, i have now orderes Objective2 headphone Amp, so i should be set when i get them i guess:)
Though as i have read, my headphones HD 280 Pro, doesnīt seem to need amping, so i guess i wonīt notice any real difference.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 17:22