IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

foobar2000 doesn't show japanese characters properly anymore
Panto
post Feb 21 2013, 19:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106792

Hey there.

I use foobar2000 for a couple of years now and never had a problem like that:

The bug first occured 1-2 weeks ago. My machine runs on Windows 8 and the only thing I can possibly think of as a cause are some updates Windows installed at that time. I have the Last.fm scrobbler installed as an additional component, the only one that the online troubleshooter said could be problematic. But even without this plugin loaded I get the same result. I updated foobar2000 to the latest version (1.2.3) but that didn't help, too - same with completely un- and reinstalling the program.

Edit: Strange thing is: When I copy the squares and paste them into a document/browser/etc. the characters are shown correctly. Even when I play a song with those tags the Last.fm program recognizes the characters right and displays them properly, too.

Don't know what to do now, please help!

This post has been edited by Panto: Feb 21 2013, 19:03
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ManiacDC
post Nov 30 2013, 03:18
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 62248

Thanks, I just had this problem too. Good to know there's a fix/workaround. The new opera uses Chromium and seems to cause the same issue.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 01:55