Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

VHS to Mac using only RCA+USB cable, [TOS #6: moved from Digital A/V News]
yoe91
post Feb 18 2013, 16:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106727

Hey guys,
I live in Qatar, and I found this cable with USB on one end, and RCA on the other. It's tough to find stuff that's too specific here, and ordering online is a huge hassle. I really need to get rid of a bunch of tapes and the VCR itself quick...

Question:
Can I at least view (and then possibly record/digitalize) those VHS tapes on my Mac through that cable ? There has to be a way...I mean to connect my TV to the VCR, all I need is double RCA.
PLEASE help, this would mean the world to me, there's a bunch of rare NBA stuff and old nostalgic stuff I NEED to conserve somehow, before I need to throw them out coz I'm moving in like a few weeks...

THANKS A LOT !! Would mean the world to me !!

P.S.: worst case I can do PC, but I'm using a Mac right now.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Fandango
post Feb 19 2013, 02:31
Post #2

Member No.: 8353

QUOTE (yoe91 @ Feb 18 2013, 16:25) *
I live in Qatar, and I found this cable with USB on one end, and RCA on the other.

Can you be more specific? edit: I mean about the cable, not about living in Qatar...

This post has been edited by Fandango: Feb 19 2013, 02:32
+Quote Post
yoe91
post Feb 19 2013, 22:30
Post #3

Member No.: 106727

QUOTE (Fandango @ Feb 19 2013, 04:31) *
QUOTE (yoe91 @ Feb 18 2013, 16:25) *
I live in Qatar, and I found this cable with USB on one end, and RCA on the other.

Can you be more specific? edit: I mean about the cable, not about living in Qatar...

hehe...well that's it ! USB on one end, and then RCA on the other end. That's it, just a wire with these two ends, no adapter on it, nothin...

Thanks for the reply guys ! Sorry for not being in the right forum apparently...not sure where to put this...

So nobody knows of a way with just that cable I have ??....
thx.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 21:06