IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Opus advocacy/evangelism
jensend
post Feb 15 2013, 21:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22191

Thought I should start a thread for people to post links where people can voice their requests for Opus support.

The one that got me thinking about this is caniuse.com, a well-known site which shows the version history and marketshare of support for various browser features. Nice tool for webmasters etc. It has pages for the <video> tag and particular video codecs (H264,WebM,Theora), but when I went looking to see what it said about <audio> support, I found it had a table for the tag but not for audio codecs, instead linking to 2-3 year old outdated articles about codec support. Then I saw that someone had created a feature request for adding an Opus <audio> support table. That'd help people make informed decisions about using Opus in the browser.

Plenty of other pages out there where people have made Opus support feature requests, and I thought it might be nice to collect them and point people to them. Some of these are longer shots than others, and some organizations are less responsive to such input than others, but you never know.

In the absence of pages that display feature requests and allow people to vote or comment on them, people could simply coordinate about other forms of contact. (e.g. "I just sent suggestions@foo.com an email about Opus support; here's what I said about why it makes sense for them, and if you'd also be interested you could drop them a line too.")

A few requests I'd seen before that were the first to come up in a search were Spotify, Steam, and Windows Phone.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2014 - 01:46