Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

FLAC volume gain with foobar2000, FLAC volume normalization with foobar2000
oppo
post Feb 9 2013, 17:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106520

Hello Guys!

I'm new in this FLAC thing, and wanted to try out. I ripped my audio cds with dbpoweramp (absolutely uncompressed) and use replay gain with foobar.
Maybe i've done this gain thing wrong, or correctly, but I'm not sure if it's worked or not.
I use mp3gain for my mp3 files and it works like a charm. When I was testing I used the same player and the same song in mp3 and flac format (gained with mp3gain and foobar). I listened the beginning of the songs and the mp3 version was louder (and that's the volume what I want).

Is mp3gain ruins the quality or it uses the replay gain thing?
Is there any software like mp3gain for FLAC where I can tell the exact dB value what I want? (In mp3gain I use 96,2 dB)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tpijag
post Feb 11 2013, 15:39
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 53637

You use your choice of program to scan your music and determine the level of replay gain needed to attempt to normalize sound levels across your files.

mp3 gain does use replay gain. It takes that replay gain information and rewrites your files for use with programs that can not read a gain tag and make the adjustment on their own. Foobar2000 can do the same thing or it can simply not rewrite your files and store the replay gain information in tags.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 10:05