IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Always enough banwidth for foobar?
Dirki
post Feb 4 2013, 14:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74494

Is there a way to let foobar always have so much bandwidth like it needs to stream Radio Stations? So, when a download manager (or more) is downloading all the time often when there is no bandwidth left for foobar the music coming from a Radio Stations falters for a time goes on, falters and so on. Suppose the max. bandwidth - which differs - varies from 1,2 MBit/s to 1,7 MBit/s and the download manager uses between 0 and 1,7 MBit/s, how can I foobar make to always have the bandwidth it needs to stream music flawlessly, e.g. 128 kbps from a station?

--------------------
Win 7, Win Vista, newest stable foobar & EAC & Cue-Tools
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dirki
post Feb 5 2013, 20:17
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 74494

OK, thank you, db1989,

Yes, no native speaker of English, actually no need to say that concerning my writing, so sorry again.

Actually, since programs like Netlimiter, none freeware, should do what I would like to have, I thought, there might be an (easy) way to make foobar doing something like this, but...yes, I understand what you are saying.

May be Netlimiter is a kind of program xnor mentions by traffic shaping, but it all seems to become a bit more complicated using such programs.

I do not have any router, eahm, just a simple modem, but I will get one soon, the modem is a "Siemens Plus".

--------------------
Win 7, Win Vista, newest stable foobar & EAC & Cue-Tools
+Quote Post
db1989
post Feb 5 2013, 20:56
Post #3

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

QUOTE (Dirki @ Feb 5 2013, 19:17) *
Yes, no native speaker of English, actually no need to say that concerning my writing

I hope you didn’t think I was criticising, insulting, or anything else to your writing. All I meant was that I understand if you get confused by opposite or otherwise similar words. Your writing is not bad at all.

Perhaps “speaker” was a bad choice of word to refer to writing, but I hoped you’d know what I meant. wink.gif
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:54