IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What software to use for .opus encoding?
-Aze-
post Feb 2 2013, 01:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106112

Hi Guys.

I have read about the opus format, but can't find much info about what software to use for it?! I'm considering re-ripping my CD-collection and I would like to give .opus a shot.

What software are you guys using for the CD-to-opus ripping?
Normally I use ExactAudioCopy, but it seems that there's no option for using the opus encoder in this?!

Any suggestions?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
-Aze-
post Feb 2 2013, 10:02
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 106112

Thank you for the replies.

Mavere: My current collection is in mp3 320, which I ripped many years ago. The case is that I'm a car-pc user and I don't have the space for all my CD's if ripping to FLAC (I have MANY CDs), so I'm considering ripping to .opus. But I would like to do some listening-tests before starting the "big" project.

db1989: I'm not asking how to use Google, I know that. I'm interested in knowing what software the people that DO ue the .opus format uses! When using DBPA, there's some problems in regards to the tagging-process, so I'm interested in trying other alternatives...
+Quote Post
DonP
post Feb 2 2013, 15:49
Post #3

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 4955

QUOTE (-Aze- @ Feb 2 2013, 04:02) *
Thank you for the replies.

Mavere: My current collection is in mp3 320, which I ripped many years ago. The case is that I'm a car-pc user and I don't have the space for all my CD's if ripping to FLAC (I have MANY CDs), so I'm considering ripping to .opus. But I would like to do some listening-tests before starting the "big" project.

I think the usual solution is to put the flac files on an external drive. While you CAN rerip when your requirements change, having the flac files will save a LOT of work.

db1989: I'm not asking how to use Google, I know that. I'm interested in knowing what software the people that DO ue the .opus format uses! When using DBPA, there's some problems in regards to the tagging-process, so I'm interested in trying other alternatives...

I've been using foobar with the opus v1.1alpha encoder, with options set to copy the .jpg files (cover art) to the destination folder. All the other tags seem to transfer OK.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 11:55