IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

listening room, What to try first, base traps?
Paul_ 2012
post Jan 31 2013, 23:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100448

Hi, in a few months, if I ever finish, I may have a dedicated listening room. I'm fitting out the loft space. In consideration to my partner, immediate neighbours on one side and budget there are a some aspects of construction and finish that are non-negotiable. The space will be approx 2000 cu ft and shaped like an old fashioned tent with a ridge pole and drop sides. All surfaces except the floor will be plasterboard and floor will probably be carpet over hardwood, although I may be able to fit some sort of low budget floating timber floor. There will be varying degrees of insulation behind the plasterboard, R4 in the overhead areas, mainly for heat exclusion. Having read a lot of the previous conversations on the subject of acoustics I will follow as many ideas as practicable, probably the more straight forward ones such as plugging the gaps etc. As I will be able to make some of my own base traps and similar items, I'm looking for a simple plan I can follow when the room is ready for occupation and have found starting positions for the speakers (2) and the couch.
Your thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Although a large part of the technical agenda is beyond my expertise I would like thank all those at HO that freely share their expertise and time.

Paul
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 11:52