IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Development Forum Rules

This forum is for developer discussions only. If you have a problem / bug report / idea / feature request that isn't related to foobar2000 SDK, post it in an appropiate forum instead - tech support questions go to support forum, everything else goes to general forum.
All non-developer posts on this forum will be removed. Continued abuse of this forum will result in admin actions (warnings, account suspension).

Possible to parse tags and split multi-value by custom delimiters?, Use my own "spec" instead of default to split tags into multip
neothe0ne
post Jan 31 2013, 00:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24684

I must admit I have not studied the SDK. Still, I wonder if anyone can answer my questions:

1) Is it possible to put custom code between foobar2000's reading of file tags and insertion of those tags into the "database"? E.g., if I have an artist "Bob vs. Joe", could I write code which would recognize " vs. " and insert into foobar2000 the two artists "Bob" and "Joe", instead of a single artist "Bob vs. Joe"?

2) If not (1), could I define my own %NEWARTIST% variable available in other components e.g. search, facets, by writing a component to do that custom parsing?

I wonder mostly for the sake of m4a tags which don't have official multi-value support in iTunes.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
foosion
post Feb 16 2013, 12:59
Post #2

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 5153

QUOTE (neothe0ne @ Jan 31 2013, 00:26) *
2) If not (1), could I define my own %NEWARTIST% variable available in other components e.g. search, facets, by writing a component to do that custom parsing?
This is possible by implementing a metadb_display_field_provider. Hooking tag parsing for arbitrary formats is not possible.

This post has been edited by foosion: Feb 16 2013, 13:00

--------------------
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:35