IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Development Forum Rules

This forum is for developer discussions only. If you have a problem / bug report / idea / feature request that isn't related to foobar2000 SDK, post it in an appropiate forum instead - tech support questions go to support forum, everything else goes to general forum.
All non-developer posts on this forum will be removed. Continued abuse of this forum will result in admin actions (warnings, account suspension).

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Possible to parse tags and split multi-value by custom delimiters?, Use my own "spec" instead of default to split tags into multip
neothe0ne
post Jan 31 2013, 00:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24684

I must admit I have not studied the SDK. Still, I wonder if anyone can answer my questions:

1) Is it possible to put custom code between foobar2000's reading of file tags and insertion of those tags into the "database"? E.g., if I have an artist "Bob vs. Joe", could I write code which would recognize " vs. " and insert into foobar2000 the two artists "Bob" and "Joe", instead of a single artist "Bob vs. Joe"?

2) If not (1), could I define my own %NEWARTIST% variable available in other components e.g. search, facets, by writing a component to do that custom parsing?

I wonder mostly for the sake of m4a tags which don't have official multi-value support in iTunes.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
foosion
post Feb 16 2013, 12:59
Post #2

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 5153

QUOTE (neothe0ne @ Jan 31 2013, 00:26) *
2) If not (1), could I define my own %NEWARTIST% variable available in other components e.g. search, facets, by writing a component to do that custom parsing?
This is possible by implementing a metadb_display_field_provider. Hooking tag parsing for arbitrary formats is not possible.

This post has been edited by foosion: Feb 16 2013, 13:00

--------------------
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 19:14