Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Porting Wavpack decoder to Dart
darkbyte
post Jan 30 2013, 11:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91517

Hi!

I'm trying to port the Wavpack decoder to Dart. I've used the Java version as the starting point and i've actually made it compilable very quickly. I'm trying to test it first with the standalone Dart VM and when that's working i will make it compatible with in-browser running.

When i started debugging the code i've realized that bit shifting in Dart is not working the same way as in Java because Dart have just one fixed point integer format. It uses a similar numeric system as Javascript. (there's a signed int type for generic integer handling, afaik its a 64bit signed integer, and num for double precision). The decoder fails very quickly in the beginning when it tries to calculate header's CRC. As i see there's a lot of bit manipulations in the code so i guess there's plenty of this kind of errors awaiting for me.

I'm wondering if there's a floating point version of the decoder available? Maybe that would be easier to port. I guess an even better way would be to understand the format and write a Dart decoder from scratch but that's a lot of work although it would be very interesting.

What do you think? smile.gif

Thanks!

Mod: i'll upload my current code to a code hosting site tonight if i won't forget it. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by darkbyte: Jan 30 2013, 12:03

--------------------
Wavpack -b450x1c
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
bryant
post Feb 1 2013, 04:34
Post #2

WavPack Developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 900

This is very cool...please keep us posted on your progress (and feel free to post any questions that come up)!

David
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 07:28