IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Problems encoding with Monkey's Audio 4.11 in fb2k
themanintheshado...
post Jan 28 2013, 11:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104212

The new version of Monkey's Audio (v4.11) is out, and I've been putting it through it's paces with foobar2000. The results? Not pretty.

In the transcodes I've done (FLAC to APE), there's always 1 to 3 files that won't encode correctly, and I end up getting that "Files converted with major problems, object not found" message. Transcoding the same exact files, though via command line (i.e via Multi-frontend) gives me the total opposite results. No problems at all. Even weirder, when I transcoded all the files of one album (literally) one at a time, the process went smoothly. And with another, trying to do the same brought back the same problems again.

The albums get two thumbs up via Accuraterip, and an md5 check shows no problems, so they're not the cause. What is?

1) Something in Monkey's Audio needs to be fixed?

2) foobar2000 has a problem with...

a) The MA plugin?

b) Lack of pipe support causing problems with conversions?

I vaguely remember having to do a transcode with TAK awhile back using temp wav and having problems. Switching back to pipe encoding made the problem go away. Could the problem be the result of foobar2000 not being that great with temp wav encoding?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
themanintheshado...
post Jan 29 2013, 19:58
Post #2

Member No.: 104212

The whole anti-virus theory doesn't work in my case because I shut that off before I convert anything. And then I get a message like this"

CODE
2 out of 10 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "C:\Downloads\U2 - 1983 - War (Island, 900167-2)_flac\03. New Year's Day.flac"
  An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found) : "C:\Documents and Settings\RKA\My Documents\My Music\Converted\U2\1983 - War (Island 900167-2) [Target CD] (West Germany)\03. New Year's Day.ape"
  Conversion failed: Object not found
Source: "C:\Downloads\U2 - 1983 - War (Island, 900167-2)_flac\09. Surrender.flac"
  An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found) : "C:\Documents and Settings\RKA\My Documents\My Music\Converted\U2\1983 - War (Island 900167-2) [Target CD] (West Germany)\09. Surrender.ape"
  Conversion failed: Object not found

That's just one version of this type of error message I've gotten converting the same album, because the amount of problem tracks always changes every single time. One, three, two...it's totally random.
+Quote Post
washu
post Jan 29 2013, 20:59
Post #3

Member No.: 5032

QUOTE (themanintheshadows_2451 @ Jan 29 2013, 13:58) *
The whole anti-virus theory doesn't work in my case because I shut that off before I convert anything.

Shutting down or disabling anti-virus software does not always remove its interference. The fact that the affected tracks changes each time points very strongly to AV or other software accessing the files. The only way to be sure is to uninstall your AV completely.

Do you have any other "security" software on your PC? Remove them as well.

This post has been edited by washu: Jan 29 2013, 20:59
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 00:42