IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Prefer flac over mp3 for the same title in media library, [Support is not for how-to questions/TOS #6]
olfab
post Jan 27 2013, 23:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106234

Hi forum,

I ripped all my CDs into flac files for playback on my stereo on transcoded the flac files to mp3 for playback on the radio on my car. The folder structure is like this: Artist/Album/["flac files", Mp3/"mp3 files"]. Consequently each title shows up twice in the media library once as flac file and once as mp 3 file.

Is there a way to setup a filter that prefers flac files over mp3 files if there are two files with the same name?

If there is no way, any suggestions how to cope with the problem?

Thanks,
Fabian
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
EpicForever
post Mar 23 2013, 17:02
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 93712

I found other solution.
1. Open Advaced Properties / Display / Properties Ddialog / Standard fields. Add there something like Keywords=KEYWORDS or anything else that you want (Transcoded=TRANS for example). This will add field named "Keywords" (or Transcoded) to your Properties dialog.
2. For files that have dupliacates in different formats/codecs put in "Keywords" words identificating that fact, like "transcode" (in MP3 files for example) or "Yes" in "transcoded" field. You can also use "Comment" field for the same purposes as proposed "Keywords". It will add tag fields named "TRANS" (or "KEYWORDS" or whatever you choose) to your files, and thus modify them.
3. Install this component: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_skip
4. In Advanced Properties / Playback / Skip Tracks put "%keywords% HAS transcode" (without quotations) or "%comment% HAS transcode" or %trans% IS yes". "HAS" and "IS" words are case sensitive and must be all uppercase! You can uncheck all 3 additional checkboxes. I even recommend having the first unchecked.
5. From main window menu choose Playback and then tick "Skip tracks & use bookmarks". In Preferences / Keyboard shortcuts you can add keyboard shortcut for this option, that will allow you to enable it or disbale easily.

This is how it works here. Without any modifications to file system structure. However it require your personal effort to determine files with duplicates and to properly tag them, and to update this information everytime you add new files and their duplicates to your collection and playlist.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 20:44