Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

documentation for vorbis encoder
kumarsvinod20
post Jan 25 2013, 10:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106176

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and currently working on developing vorbis encoder, downloaded the libvorbis-aotuv_b6.03 as i have many doubts. i would like to know where i can get related documents for vorbis compression algorithm.

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Vinod
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
testyou
post Jan 28 2013, 08:12
Post #2

Member No.: 84113

QUOTE (kumarsvinod20 @ Jan 25 2013, 01:34) *
downloaded the libvorbis-aotuv_b6.03 as i have many doubts

What do you mean?
+Quote Post
kumarsvinod20
post Jan 28 2013, 09:50
Post #3

QUOTE (testyou @ Jan 28 2013, 12:42) *
QUOTE (kumarsvinod20 @ Jan 25 2013, 01:34) *
downloaded the libvorbis-aotuv_b6.03 as i have many doubts

What do you mean?

I mean , I need some documents for better understanding of the complete compression algorithm used in this code.
+Quote Post
Dynamic
post Jan 28 2013, 17:30
Post #4

Member No.: 35307

Hi Vinod,

I was just checking something out about how SILK works, and was reminded that another good resource is the PDF version of a LibreOffice or OpenOffice Impress presentation which is probably the one used by Jean-Marc Valin in his LinuxConf.au talk "Opus - The Swiss Army Knife Of Audio Codecs". (That PDF was for a gstreamer-related presentation)

This contains links to relevant Wikipedia articles and illustrative graphics. You can also find the video under Presentations on the opus-codec.org website. (The specific presentation materials for that talk are linked in that page and are very similar to the gstreamer link I gave above)

You'll find a good bit of detail including the LP filters coefficients that mirror the vocal tract, the way they're converted to Line Spectral Frequencies before quantization, and the combination of fixed codebooks and scalar and vector quantization, all with helpful diagrams and a fair number of equations and wikipedia links to further info, plus references that you can follow up.
+Quote Post
kumarsvinod20
post Jan 29 2013, 05:25
Post #5

QUOTE (Dynamic @ Jan 28 2013, 22:00) *
Hi Vinod,

I was just checking something out about how SILK works, and was reminded that another good resource is the PDF version of a LibreOffice or OpenOffice Impress presentation which is probably the one used by Jean-Marc Valin in his LinuxConf.au talk "Opus - The Swiss Army Knife Of Audio Codecs". (That PDF was for a gstreamer-related presentation)

This contains links to relevant Wikipedia articles and illustrative graphics. You can also find the video under Presentations on the opus-codec.org website. (The specific presentation materials for that talk are linked in that page and are very similar to the gstreamer link I gave above)

You'll find a good bit of detail including the LP filters coefficients that mirror the vocal tract, the way they're converted to Line Spectral Frequencies before quantization, and the combination of fixed codebooks and scalar and vector quantization, all with helpful diagrams and a fair number of equations and wikipedia links to further info, plus references that you can follow up.

Hi, Thank you very much for the information provided above.

Regards
Vinod
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 23:39