Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

documentation for vorbis encoder
kumarsvinod20
post Jan 25 2013, 10:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106176

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and currently working on developing vorbis encoder, downloaded the libvorbis-aotuv_b6.03 as i have many doubts. i would like to know where i can get related documents for vorbis compression algorithm.

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Vinod
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dynamic
post Jan 28 2013, 03:45
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 35307

Why not read the Wikipedia Vorbis page's Technical section and follow the references to technical web pages and scholarly papers describing things further. These give a lot more detail. There's also some information in Xiph's CELT and Opus blogs regarding certain techniques (e.g. Constrained Band Energy, Band Folding, Pyramidal Vector Quantization etc.).

Actually, most of that's in the Specification. If you want to know about Psychoacoustic Models, the general principles are explained in numerous places with reference to other codecs, and most of these techniques are applicable to the tools available in Vorbis. You might also want to look into AoTuV source code versus libvorbis to spot differences in tuning. I think the libvorbis source code is probably pretty good documentation, then search Wikipedia, Google Scholar, and finally Google generally, to understand terms you don't recognise.

This post has been edited by Dynamic: Jan 28 2013, 04:08
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 11:30