IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Yet another FLAC recovery problem thread
andoru
post Jan 25 2013, 03:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106166

Just as the other thread in this sub forum, I've had accidentally deleted a FLAC collection of mine and I went to recover it. Unlike the previous user most of my FLAC files turned out undamaged when recovering them but some were overwritten. Although I decided to recover the damaged files too, it went successfully and most of the FLAC files came intact. I played a few of them and I noticed one track that had a problem. When playing it in foobar (tried VLC also), at some random points it produces a unpleasant very loud screech (white-noise like). Now, as I had quite a few FLAC files in that collection, I would like to check them all for those errors, and preferably not through playback as that could be quite painful to the ears XD
I tried to run the -t parameter in the CLI flac encoder on the file, but it reports no errors. Any suggestions on what to use to detect those mishaps? (if it can do it in batch mode that's a plus! )

Software used:

Recording/Encoding - Audacity/libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
Playback - FooBar, VLC
Recovery - Recuva
File System - NTFS
OS - WinXP SP3 x86

If anyone needs a sample of the problematic file, I can upload it somewhere, it's not copyrighted.

Thanks in advance ^^

This post has been edited by andoru: Jan 25 2013, 03:35
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
EagleScout1998
post Jan 25 2013, 15:36
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 35820

Where would that tool be? I can't find it in fb2k's menus.

You might have to download the component. I don't think it's installed with Foobar2000 "out of the box".

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_verifier
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 13:33