IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What features would you like to see in opus-tools?
polemon
post Jun 28 2013, 05:55
Post #51

Group: Members
Member No.: 68578

QUOTE (NullC @ Jun 27 2013, 12:25) *
well, FLAC. Ogg/PCM is ~= non-existent [...]

Which is a shame, actually. I really do have a problem because of that. WAV has a maximum time span of something around five and a half hours for a stereo stream. The recordings I do, are sometimes up to eight hours long. I usually have to resort to quite a long number of parameters on the decoder and encoder when piping one into another. Having OggPCM (for whatever reason, it's "OggPCM"[1], and not ("Ogg/PCM") as something for piping etc. would be awesome.

When it comes to how the tool should behave: It should be easy and self-explanatory to use. I understand most of the Xiph tools don't have a unified set of parameters or behaviors. I recommend you do what makes the most "sense".

[1]: http://wiki.xiph.org/OggPCM

--------------------
-EOF-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skamp
post Jul 1 2013, 10:10
Post #52

Group: Developer
Member No.: 13875

QUOTE (skamp @ Jan 22 2013, 22:25) *
an equivalent to vorbiscomment, with the ability to add, remove, replace tags, from the command line or from a text file

Well, Frédéric Mangano released opustags 1.1 a while ago, which has all of the features that I wanted smile.gif

--------------------
See my profile for measurements, tools and recommendations.
+Quote Post
Brazil2
post Jul 1 2013, 12:42
Post #53

Group: Members
Member No.: 80499

QUOTE (skamp @ Jul 1 2013, 11:10) *
Well, Frédéric Mangano released opustags 1.1 a while ago, which has all of the features that I wanted smile.gif

Any GCC build for Windows available ? smile.gif
+Quote Post
NullC
post Jul 1 2013, 16:23
Post #54

Group: Developer
Member No.: 7653

QUOTE (polemon @ Jun 27 2013, 21:55) *
QUOTE (NullC @ Jun 27 2013, 12:25) *
well, FLAC. Ogg/PCM is ~= non-existent [...]

Which is a shame, actually. I really do have a problem because of that. WAV has a maximum time span of something around five and a half hours for a stereo stream. The recordings I do, are sometimes up to eight hours long. I usually have to resort to quite a long number of parameters on the decoder and encoder when piping one into another.
FWIW, many (most? virtually all?) wav tools— including opusenc— support reading and writing non-standard wav files which are longer. One of my standard tests for opusenc is encoding a 25 hour stereo 48k wav file.

Well, Frédéric Mangano released opustags 1.1 a while ago, which has all of the features that I wanted

Cool. I'll see if he wants to add in-place updating— opusenc now adds padding to the comments so it's usually possible to add comments without rewriting the whole file.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 18:22