IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Pauses During Playback of Wavpack Files
SoldierAnt76
post Jan 20 2013, 23:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106036

I'm running foobar2000 on Windows 7 Home 64-bit, with no additional components installed. My entire library consists of lossless Wavpack files.

Ever since I upgraded from 1.2 to 1.2.1, I've consistently noticed 3-4 second pauses at the beginning of tracks. Playback starts for an instant (i.e., the bars in the visualization box start to move), then the program freezes for several seconds.

The glitch only seems to surface when the program has been sitting undisturbed for a while. That is, a track has been playing for several minutes, or several tracks have played in sequence (I have both "playback follows cursor" and "cursor follows playback" enabled), or nothing has been playing, and I then go and double-click on another track.

However, when I try to reproduce the problem immediately afterwards (e.g., by rapidly switching from track to track), the program behaves normally. It has to sit undisturbed for a few minutes before the issue appears.

I tried using Process Explorer, but no thread appears to go above 1-2% CPU usage. Upgrading to 1.2.2 has had no effect.

I noticed that the "deadlock detection feature" was disabled in 1.1.18 - could this issue be related? Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 07:12