Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

where to get CUE Sheets and M3U's
g725s
post Jan 20 2013, 01:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 82209

Where can I get CUE Sheets and M3U's?

I have ripped FLAC files (single files for each song) I am converting to MP3. I would like to find online CUE Sheets and M3U's for the albums for these songs.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
g725s
post Jan 20 2013, 06:01
Post #2

Member No.: 82209

OK I'm trying to get a handle on this CUE Sheet and M3U thing.

When I ripped my CD collection with EAC to FLAC it created both (CUE and M3U). I'm still not quite sure why or for what.

So I've been playing those albums/songs via my PC using mostly Foobar2000, but not getting to into F2k too deeply, just playing albums/songs once in a while.

Anyway now I'm want to put my collection to my phone. It is an Android and I'm using PowerAmp to play my music. When I first started putting music to my phones SD card my Windows 7 PC asked if I wanted to convert the FLAC files, as it was recommended I chose this option. It turned the files into wmav2. Not sure why it did this, or if I should have chosen this option, but I did.

All of those albums don't show up in the Artist list or Genres list. I'm wondering if they would have if I would have just transferred them as the FLAC files.

I have now converted some of the files with Foobar2000 to MP3, as I think this is best for the space I will need, and the ones I've done so far show up in the Artist listing of the PowerAmp app. There are other listing options Genres that I'd like to have for categorization too.

For all I know maybe I don't need a CUE or M3U for use with PowerAmp app. But I read somewhere that they are useful.

Just trying to get a handle on this stuff.

This post has been edited by g725s: Jan 20 2013, 06:08
+Quote Post
saratoga
post Jan 20 2013, 06:39
Post #3

Member No.: 3264

QUOTE (g725s @ Jan 20 2013, 00:01) *
OK I'm trying to get a handle on this CUE Sheet and M3U thing.

Short answer: you probably don't need to use or care about either.

Long answer: M3U files are used for making custom playlists, while CUE files are usually used for recording specialized CD images or for creating a single audio file that contains many tracks. The forums have a lot of info about both.

When I first started putting music to my phones SD card my Windows 7 PC asked if I wanted to convert the FLAC files, as it was recommended I chose this option. It turned the files into wmav2. Not sure why it did this, or if I should have chosen this option, but I did.

Probably you need to update your MTP driver, either to a newer MS one, or with a third party one. I suggest looking online for your phone to be sure.

There are other listing options Genres that I'd like to have for categorization too.

Did you tag your files with a genre?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 05:51