Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Additional command line problem with "comment", help needed
hydrogenxx
post Jan 18 2013, 20:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96236

Hi, this is my EAC additional command line in compression options:

-V -8 -T "artist=%artist%" -T "title=%title%" -T "album=%albumtitle%" -T "date=%year%" -T "tracknumber=%tracknr2%" -T "genre=%genre%" %source%

It works perfect, but I wanted to add the "comment" parameter as well, and have made this change:

-V -8 -T "artist=%artist%" -T "title=%title%" -T "album=%albumtitle%" -T "date=%year%" -T "tracknumber=%tracknr2%" -T "genre=%genre%" -T "comment=%comment%" %source%

But nothing happens, after the ripping process the "comment" field in the created tag remains blank. The test encoder function returns no error. What am I doing wrong?

This post has been edited by hydrogenxx: Jan 18 2013, 20:02
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
hydrogenxx
post Jan 19 2013, 09:21
Post #2

Member No.: 96236

Yes and it doesn't work unless the F11 Comment Tab "Write the comment text of the CD ..." is enabled, we've just come to that conclusion :-)
+Quote Post
JJZolx
post Jan 19 2013, 14:57
Post #3

Member No.: 18345

QUOTE (hydrogenxx @ Jan 19 2013, 01:21) *
Yes and it doesn't work unless the F11 Comment Tab "Write the comment text of the CD ..." is enabled, we've just come to that conclusion

Ah, I see. Isn't that the default setting, though?

EAC's user interface is a trip, isn't it? I don't think all the different options could be organized any more poorly, not to mention the fractured English translations and the assorted remnants of when the program was primarily used for creating MP3s. Like this option, which describes writing ID3 tags.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:45