IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

which are your favorite VST audio editor pluings?
francesco
post Jan 18 2013, 16:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27378

Hi

may I ask which are your favorite Vst audio editor plugins?

for general purpose, restoration , equalize , amplify and make louder without clipping your tracks

in short which are your favorite vst plugins you have used with your audio editor

i used the trial version iZotope RX2 , expensive but impressive , the results are amazing

thanks
greetings
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
francesco
post Jan 20 2013, 08:49
Post #2

Member No.: 27378

QUOTE (Dynamic @ Jan 19 2013, 05:25) *
I don't do masses of VST plugin-based editing, and I've only used fb2k and Audacity to accomplish it. Most of my editing is for live music backing with full dynamic range.

I can give the thumbs up to ToneBoosters' Compressor.

i agree with you i don't like have a masses of Vst plugins
i have never tried toneboosters's compressor

by the way foo_dsp_vlevel v20080302.0 i guess it's the last version
my chain is
resampler (sox)
skip silence

is you chain only foo_dsp_vlevel -> Advanced Limiter ?

thanks

greetings

This post has been edited by francesco: Jan 20 2013, 08:58
+Quote Post
Dynamic
post Jan 21 2013, 10:57
Post #3

Member No.: 35307

QUOTE (francesco @ Jan 20 2013, 07:49) *
by the way foo_dsp_vlevel v20080302.0 i guess it's the last version
my chain is
resampler (sox)
skip silence

is you chain only foo_dsp_vlevel -> Advanced Limiter ?

Yes, although I haven't tried it for a year or two, I think foo_dsp_vlevel is now incompatible with current fb2k releases (old versions of fb2k are still excellent with the same floating point pipeline), which is why I went back to try out ToneBoosters, which I'd been meaning to try a few years before.

I think vlevel probably contains its own limiter, but I use Advanced Limiter too as it never distorts signals that stay within the -1 to +1 range.

Regarding dynamics compressors and fb2k, mudlord's foo_dsp_effect includes one made by Garf (ported from his fb2k 0.8.3 version). It also includes loads of filters (general, parametric EQ and presets incl RIAA and de-emphasis), plus echo, reverb, wahwah, phaser, and also pitch and tempo shifters (use soundtouch and similar pitch/tempo shifters with caution - it's practically impossible to prevent artifacts like warbling in all circumstances - unless you change both pitch and tempo by the same amount, which is playback rate shifting, also available). I haven't really played with its dynamics compressor much, so it's also worth a try (albeit only in fb2k, not via VST)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 21:15