IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Vinyl setup help?, [TOS #6: moved from General Audio]
UKben
post Jan 17 2013, 03:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105941

Basically im only 16 so i have no knowledge on vinyls and i want to buy a set up. I only want to use it to play tunes im not interested in mixing, the music i want to play is trance, jungle, hip hop and house. My room is 11ft x 10ft, i dont know hom much i need to spend, but i will not be able to spend more than 500. I really know hardly anything but my guess is that i need a turntable, amp and speakers? I want some big, loud speakers as i have a lot of m8s round my house and we share a love for loud, thumping beats biggrin.gif Can you give me some tips on what to buy and possibly even a list of what to buy ( make, model ect.). Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
db1989
post Jan 17 2013, 19:30
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

Unfortunately for that otherwise bang-on total price:
This turntable doesn't come with a cartridge in spite of there being one in the picture of the device which for me is misleading and a bit of a problem now I have to spend 140 to get the same cartridge that they get in america or the one in the picture.
It's like selling a car without wheels.
Aside from that it seems like a good well built product.
It is advertised as with one in all markets but the UK.
Someone offers some kind of consolation:
most of the US Amazon reviews recommend buying and installing a different carrridge to the one supplied so it's probably just as well it's not included.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 09:34