IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

How to make constantly auto-sorting autoplaylist of most played songs?
sgt_deacon
post Jan 15 2013, 23:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74793

Title:
How to create a perpetually auto-sorting autoplaylist of most played songs using foo_playcount

I don't know if it snipped off the end because my title went over some character limit or if I cut it off by mistake somehow.

I am trying to create an auto-playlist that automatically aggregates my most played songs and lists them in either ascending or descending order. At the moment I have an autoplaylist created using the filter "%play_count% GREATER 0", (I'll eventually raise that when I have more listens) which is doing what I want in adding songs with >0 plays. The problem I am having is how to I make this perpetually sort? If I leave the autoplaylist on "Force-sorted" it sorts it by artist / album / song, which isn't what I want. If I turn off force-sorting I can sort the list by playcount by doing sort->sort by..->%play_count%. The problem with this is it only affects the selection, if a new song is automatically added to the play-list it is automatically appended to the bottom of the playlist, and if a song gets a high number of plays its position in the playlist does not automatically change.

So how do I make the play-list perpetually/continually sort itself so the most played songs always either appear at the top or the bottom?

Thanks for the help!
Also I figured since foo_playcount was an 'official' plugin this was the best place for it, sorry if it's not.

This post has been edited by sgt_deacon: Jan 15 2013, 23:21
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:52