IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

OSX Music Player Suggestions, with something similar to File Operations
pietz
post Jan 12 2013, 19:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103728

i recently switched to a mac whch has been good on every level except for a decent music player. im not saying there arent any good ones, but it seems like none of them does the things im looking for.

once upon a time i noticed that "albums" are pretty much irrelevant to me. mainly because when i listen through albums i like to keep only the tracks i really like and delete the others, so i have a lot of artists in my music library but not many songs from each one.

now im looking for a music player/media center on OSX that has similar features to foobars File Operation, so i can structure my music library "Music/Artist/Songtitle.mp3" i tried itunes, which i always hated, Clementine, Sonora, Winamp and Miro. Miro actually has a interface that i really like, but doesnt feature what im looking for.

does anybody know a music player on OSX that can do this? im starting to think there isnt one, so maybe a combination of different software? Miro as my msuic player and just a program that automates the library sctructuring process. man, i miss foobar....

thanks so much for your time!

-Pietz
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Engelsstaub
post Jan 12 2013, 22:19
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 78200

I think the (unfortunate) answer is there is likely no F2K substitute for OS X. I can't be certain because I've never gone out of my way to find one. (iTunes suits me well enough.)

Have you considered running a VM? I can't quite get my head around your insistence that songs not be grouped by Album within Artist folders...

--------------------
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 17:27