IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Poor Bass with headphones
Liner
post Jan 11 2013, 06:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105789

Hello, I have recently purchased a new laptop and was a little turned off when I realized the audio quality was less than impressive (I wasn't expecting much to begin with). I thought that when I used my pair of earbuds it would sound better as I know that the quality of the bass, when I used the headphones in my other computer or mp3 player, is very good. But when I use them in my laptop I get almost no bass and overall poor sound quality. I, yesterday, purchased a pair of over ear headphone (turtlebeach Z2) and still the audio quality didn't improve whatsoever. I know from experience with other turtle beach products that they have excellent bass processing, at least better than what I am getting now. Is there anything I can do to get the full sound quality that I should be getting. I hope I don't get responses saying that its my earbuds/beaches that are the problem, because I know from experience that they both have excellent bass capabilities when used in my computer, xbox, mp3 player, etc.... I have seen a few other threads on this, but haven't really found an answer. Any help would be much appreciated!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dynamic
post Jan 12 2013, 16:14
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 35307

Sorry for the misleading guess. I thought that 32 ohm was so common that nobody would design such high output impedance in anything beyond, possibly a tiny device only intended for small earphones. I've certainly never had a PC or laptop that has struggled.

The RMAA download page including manuals is here, and I know some of the links on their site have changed to .shtml instead of html and some of the in-page links there haven't been updated to .shtml which might be why the site wasn't responding, if you'd clicked on direct links from articles about using RMAA.

If you don't happen to have a 3.5mm jack cable at the moment (I have a few, but I've been messing around with sound for years!), some soundcards have an internal loopback to record the analogue output (it's called Rec. Playback on the recording devices of my HP laptop) which won't eliminate all potential sources of problems and test your whole system thoroughly, but it should allow RMAA to identify any problem that lies 'upstream' from the point where the signal is tapped off.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 04:31