IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

ID3 tags changed by TagScanner are not updated in MediaMonkey, [TOS #6—was “Tagging issues” subt. “Question”—make an effort]
mcfloyd
post Jan 8 2013, 22:44
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 6
Joined: 8-January 13
Member No.: 105717



Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but it seems really cool! I just took finished taking DSP for my EE undergrad and this all looks very familiar smile.gif

I'm having an issue with some of the tags in my music collection, and my web searches haven't dug anything up.
I use tagscanner to edit everything by hand, and until now I haven't paid much attention to which id3 version I was using (or APE), and it was set to update the tags and not overwrite (apparently that function isn't there anymore). One thing I did read online is that sometimes tag information can be hidden, and won't get overwritten for some reason (it wasn't very detailed).

I'll give a quick example of my issues: I like to tag my music based on the release date of the audio cd, instead of the release date of individual songs. This is important for compilations and mix tapes. So I change all the tags with tagscanner, pop it back into my media player (currently using mediamonkey) and nothing has changed. The only lead I have right now is that most of my music files are using id3v2.3, and the files in question are using id3v2.3@utf16 (which technically should be BETTER, from what I've read). Another point worth noting is that when I created new tag information, in this case APE tag information, there was no change in the results... still mixed up dates.

I'm not really sure why this is happening... but it doesn't happen often. Out of my collection only a few albums and songs are like this.
Anyway, thanks for the help and all.
-Mcfloyd
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
mcfloyd
post Jan 9 2013, 23:35
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 6
Joined: 8-January 13
Member No.: 105717



I thought I would update this a little for a bump.
Here's what mp3tag shows:

and here's tagscanner:


This is turning into a bummer for me, mostly because after using mp3tag for a couple hours, tagscanner is arguably WAY better. And now that tagscanner isn't overwriting tags properly, I don't know what to do.
here's what tagscanner tells you that mp3tag doesn't:


So I dunno... Maybe the next step is to email the tagscanner staff and let them know or something if you guys can't figure out what is wrong here.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 21:39