Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Native ASIO for Realtek
Mangix
post Jan 7 2013, 00:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 28077

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102011983/Realtek%20ASIO.zip

I pulled these off of ASRock's specific drivers for Realtek Audio which include this. AFAIK this is just an addon.

The original drivers: ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/All/Audio/Aud...64_XP(6728).zip
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
derty2
post May 16 2013, 13:14
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 91257

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=373204

Native ASIO for Realtek

Post #1 by Mangix - Jan 7, 2013

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102011983/Realtek%20ASIO.zip . . . I pulled these off of ASRock's specific drivers for Realtek Audio which include this. AFAIK this is just an addon.
  The original drivers:  ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/All/Audio/Audio_Win8-64_Win8_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(6728).zip

Post #2 by Anarion - Jan 7, 2013

Well well... That does indeed work (you can't have multiple instances like with Creative ASIO though). Original driver link is broken though and googling that driver number   (Audio_Win8-64_Win8_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(6728)), I can't find it inside that.

Post #3 by Mangix - Jan 8, 2013

AFAIK, this is similar to WASAPI exclusive mode in the sense that the audo output is dedicated. . . . No idea on what the differences in sound quality or CPU usage are though.

Post #4 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

Trying to use any plugin like ASIO to get a bit better sound on a Realtek or other on-board, is like trying to sweep a dirt floor. . . . Best advice, if you are interested in good sound is to get yourself a better source and stop wasting your time!

Post #5 by Mangix - Jan 9, 2013

Have to agree with that. But given realek audio, it's better than the alternatives. . . . Anyway, I posted this since I recently rediscovered it and since google searches come up empty on the topic.

Post #6 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

Why do you still use it? . . . Even the best of the bad is still, well BAD! . . . You are obviously into sound if you spend time around the audio forums. It is cool that you are doing what you can to choke every last bit of quality out of that onboard but it is really a lost cause. Grab a soundcard or external DAC and enjoy higher quality sound.

Post #7 by Anarion - Jan 9, 2013

I have good excuse: waiting for proper drivers for Forte (because without drivers it sound garbage). Listening to music is pretty horrible now, all the clarity and fine detail is gone (sounds muddy). I hope that I don't have to keep torturing myself long.

Post #8 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

Bummer for sure! Onboard sounds so awful after you are used to having higher end sound quality.

Post #9 by Mangix - Jan 9, 2013

> ...........................
      > Post #6 by ROBSCIX
      >
      > Why do you still use it? . . . Even the best of the bad is still, well BAD!
      > You are obviously into sound if you spend time around the audio forums.
      > ............................

I don't really have any fancy equipment. Perhaps if I ever invested in some speakers I would consider a sound card. Then again, this motherboard has an optical output so I can just hook up a receiver to do all the conversion(I have a Pioneer receiver laying around).

Post #10 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

Something to think about anyway. . . . You will find many of around here have pretty Involved systems. . . . If you have an old receiver kicking around, USE IT! Scrounge some speakers and hook them up. . . Why not? . . . It can only increase your system enjoyment for basically any AV task.

Post #11 by Mangix - Jan 9, 2013

The current speakers that I use (2.1) basically have a 3.5mm connector with their own amplifier. I noticed better audio quality with the receiver but at the end of the day, that receiver is meant to be used with real speakers(I used the front headphone port with an adapter to connect the current speakers, no wire splicing :B).

Post #12 by ROBSCIX - Jan 9, 2013

I meant scrounge some passive speakers to be used with the receiver! . . . or use what you have . . . It was only a suggestion.

This post has been edited by derty2: May 16 2013, 13:20
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 03:52