IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.


See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

ReplayGain—bugs related to differences in file vs. cached values, etc., [was “Fresh album tags not used when scanning for ReplayGain”]
AllEars
post Jan 5 2013, 03:33
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 4
Joined: 5-January 13
Member No.: 105594



Hello,

I have just started using foobar2000 v1.2 to organize my music collection, and I find it a wonderful tool - my gratitude goes out to the developers and other users who help polish it further.

The tags in my collection are currently lacking in quality, and use mp3tag to update them and foobar2000 v1.2 to add ReplayGain info. A simple example of what isn't quite working right:

1. I start with file set containing mistagged compilation (ie, AlbumArtist info not set). In fb2000, this shows up as 10 different albums.
2. This is not right so I alt-tab to the mp3tag window, and add "Various Artists" to the AlbumArtist.
3. Then I alt-tab back to fb2000, select all the songs belonging to this compilation, and select "ReplayGain scan using album tags".
4. The result of this scan shows multiple Album ReplayGain values, as if the tracks belong to different Albums. At the same time, fb2000 notices the updated AlbumArtist tag, and re-organizes all the tracks under one single album. Great.
5. I hit Cancel, since the ReplayGain info reflects old album info.
6. I start a second ReplayGain sacan using album tags, but this time fb2000 correctly reports all tracks having the same album replay gain value.
7. I Hit Update tags. Life is good.

What I would expect happen is that at step 4, the fresh tag info from the files, which at this point is different from foobar's database, be used to group all the tracks into one album, and thus eliminate the need for steps 5 and 6.

This bug is not serious, as in the end I'm able to get the desired result.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edit: I initially reported this for 1.1.11 but I noticed the ReplayGain feature was modified in the 1.1.16 release, so I retested the current stable version (1.2 at this time). The bug is still there in 1.2

This post has been edited by AllEars: Jan 5 2013, 03:56
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 15:38