IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

General Audio Organization and Tagging
trainee
post Jan 2 2013, 06:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13781

I don't believe this effects many people, but always feel stuck when trying to grow my music collection because I cannot seem to find an organization scheme that I love. I'm probably a bit OCD, but I figure there have to be some other people similarly inclined on HA.

Anyway I have a number of problem areas but I'll try one question from 3 different categories to start:

1. Holiday Music: in general I want to exclude it from playback and searches except when I explicitly only want to search for it. Not sure the best way to achieve this.
2. Single Directory or Separate Folders: I find that most programs deal better with separate directories for each album, but that means 2 full directory structures 1 for Lossless and 1 for Lossy, otherwise I get 2 copies of each song
3. Same song different artist, different song same title: is there any good solution for identifying when a song truly is the exact same song tackled by different artists vs totally different songs with the same title?

My setup in brief:
- FLAC for lossless, AAC for lossy
- Squeezebox for home playback
- iphone/ipod for mobile

Sorry if this in in the wrong section, and doubly sorry if these have been answered before; I didn't find much with my searches.
Not directly related to my questions but there is an interesting (and inactive) thread about tag standardization for foobar plugins here.

--------------------
SIMD: Vectoring to a computer near you.
VLIW: Psychic Compiler Wanted! Inquire at Intel!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 12:53