IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

plugin to read E-AC3 ?
ailef
post Jan 1 2013, 16:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 41837

hello, I would like to know if it's possible to get a plugin to read E-AC3 format (codec name is A/52 B Audio, E-AC3 or eac3).
It's the only format I found to encode my bluray audio in LCPM 2.0 with exactly the same infos about encoding.
48Khz/16 bits with a 1536kbps framerate.
the sound is really nice on high end sound system, the .wav or any other lossless format are not that good.
I tried to convert the E-AC3 format with Flac but i can't get the equal encoding infos and sound quality.
the LPCM is clearer than .wav format or other audio lossless formats.
as I know that LCPM stereo is coming with m2ts file, there's no reason to have a plugin to read m2TS for an audio player,
but as I used .mka with E-AC3 to get an audio file with the same quality that we got with bluray and LCPM stereo,
I wish foobar will be able to read the E-AC3 codec.
I ripped my Joe Satriani BD to just get the audio files on my PC with this great sound but I have to use VLC to read those .mka E-AC3 and
I hate this player. I want an audio player only, like Foobar, and I use it for a very long time as there's no other audio player with the options I need like asio plugin, KS and wasapi.
I found nothing like that for VLC. anyway i dont want a video/audio thing to be my audio player, it's not negociable.

thanks. and happy new year to the forum members.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Rollin
post Jan 1 2013, 18:41
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 51815

QUOTE (ailef @ Jan 1 2013, 19:53) *
the LPCM is clearer than .wav format or other audio lossless formats.

No.

If you want to play e-ac3 in foobar you can use Command-Line Decoder Wrapper + ffmpeg
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 11:54