IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Yamaha Receiver switching inputs to favor HDMI
tarkovsky
post Dec 28 2012, 03:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104112

I want to first say that I have labored over this for hours with no luck, and always had good luck with getting great advice here, so thanks in advance for reading.

I have recently bought a Yamaha Rx V373 Receiver. I have a 2 speaker setup currently, and my trouble is with my Pioneer DVD player. It is a karaoke DVD player; the instructions are not in english, but as I can surmise, I MUST use the RCA jacks as outputs to use the Karaoke function (ie microphone).

Now, having said that, I would like to have both the use of the DVD players analog (RCA) outputs for karaoke, and its HDMI outputs for movies etc. The DVD player is wired to my Yamaha receiver via HDMI, receiver to TV via HDMI. The DVD player is also wired via RCA to the TV for karaoke, and I have an optical cable from the TV to the input on the receiver.

The problem: when i want to use the karaoke function on the DVD player (using the RCA outputs), and of course get the good sound from my receiver for the singing etc, the Yamaha receiver switches to the HDMI input for the DVD player, which then disables the karaoke microphone. I am actually not happy that my receiver switches inputs when I put it somewhere specifically (ie AV4), but maybe it is user error, or user misunderstanding.

Thanks for any help on this.

Oh, and of course I have gotten karaoke to work by unplugging the HDMI cable from the back of the DVD player, but this isn't preferred, especially considering i'm not the only one using the system. Thanks again in advance smile.gif

This post has been edited by tarkovsky: Dec 28 2012, 03:27
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 12:59