IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Vinyl Newbie Questions
supersosko
post Dec 27 2012, 04:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105415

For Christmas my mom gifted me an Ilp Turntable and I'm kind of in the dark about what to do. The only output I have is my ATH M50's which are always hooked up to my computer.
So I have many questions now:
What else do I need?
Can I just hook a USB cable from the back of the Table to a USB slot in the back of my Computer for playback?
If so, what software do I use for play while the record is playing?

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DVDdoug
post Dec 27 2012, 17:16
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46454

Can I just hook a USB cable from the back of the Table to a USB slot in the back of my Computer for playback?
YES! Depending on your computer/operating system, you may have to select the USB device as your sound device or "soundcard". As far as the computer is concerned, the turntable is a soundcard.

(Typically, you can only use one "soundcard" at a time, so you may not be able to play music from your hard drive while the turntable is selected.)

USB is probably easier & better, but you may have another option. If you have a desktop computer, it will have a line-level audio input and with an adapter cable to connect the RCA audio output.

You can also connect the RCA cables to a regular stereo or TV if it has A/V inputs. (Your turntable has a built-in preamp, so you don't need anything additional to connect to a stereo system.) You can even connect directly to yout powered (active) speakers/monitors (bypassing the computer) if you have the correct cables. You cannot connect to "regular" non-powered stereo speakers, but you can connect to regular computer speakers (which have an amplifier built in).

The only output I have is my ATH M50's which are always hooked up to my computer.
FYI - Your speakers connect to an output. The turntable connects to an input. wink.gif The signal comes out of the turntable's output and into the computer's input.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 03:13