IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Questions About CTDB Plugin in EAC, Does it work alongside the AccurateRip database?
heyo_speaker
post Dec 22 2012, 17:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46215

With the CTDB plugin installed and enabled, does EAC check both CTDB and AccurateRip after a rip, or does it only check one database? Is there a way to get EAC to check both? (Though as I understand it, one match in any database should be enough verification as long as it is not a previous submission from when you ripped the same CD in the past.)

After I ripped one of my tracks, the EAC log says "Accurately ripped (confidence 5) [6489E204] (AR v2)".
I assume "AR v2" is AccurateRip, but how will I know whether CTDB has been checked?

If CTDB finds an error, will I be prompted to use its error-correction feature, or do I have to do something manually in EAC?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
korth
post Dec 24 2012, 16:50
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 88969

Sorry {and my apologies to mr. greynol}. My original text said 'disc pregap' but got lost in the edit. Another term for this would be HTOA. This is found in the disc TOC (Table of Contents located in the lead-in area of the disc that describes the layout of the tracks on the disc), not the gaps EAC detected between tracks. When present, the start position of all tracks are shifted back by the length in frames of the HTOA (as with your rip).
To clarify things for me: do the "Start" and "End" columns in the database records refer to the positions on the CD where the ripped tracks begin/end?
Per the disc TOC. The "Start" and "End" positions in CTDB also include the 2 second lead-in so all positions are shifted back by 150 frames when compared against the TOC info found in the EAC log. Musicbrainz and freedb also include the 2 second lead-in in their records.
If none of them had any gaps to speak of, why weren't all the tracks other than Track 1 "Accurately ripped"? And some of them were "Accurately ripped", so.... is it possible that the other guy actually had a bunch of badly ripped tracks? Mine were all verified by AccurateRip.
The other rip could just be a different pressing from another region (a pressing without the HTOA). It could also be from a CDR created from tracks and the HTOA was omitted. Though it is possible the other rip had errors too. Confidence levels below 2 should not be considered reliable.
(....Or, from an entirely different angle: Could the difference between the two rips have something to do with the fact that I didn't configure EAC to overread into the lead-in and lead-out? My drive is supposedly only 6 frames off, though, not 32.)
No. BTW, drive offset is in samples, not frames.

--------------------
korth
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 18:37