IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Questions About CTDB Plugin in EAC, Does it work alongside the AccurateRip database?
heyo_speaker
post Dec 22 2012, 17:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46215

With the CTDB plugin installed and enabled, does EAC check both CTDB and AccurateRip after a rip, or does it only check one database? Is there a way to get EAC to check both? (Though as I understand it, one match in any database should be enough verification as long as it is not a previous submission from when you ripped the same CD in the past.)

After I ripped one of my tracks, the EAC log says "Accurately ripped (confidence 5) [6489E204] (AR v2)".
I assume "AR v2" is AccurateRip, but how will I know whether CTDB has been checked?

If CTDB finds an error, will I be prompted to use its error-correction feature, or do I have to do something manually in EAC?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
korth
post Dec 23 2012, 22:31
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 88969

So does this really mean that those tracks just aren't in the database at all
Not possible. CTDB records are of complete discs.
or are my rips too inaccurate? The CD isn't in that bad of shape.
You're comparing your rip to a low confidence record (x/1). Confidence levels below 2 should not be considered reliable.
This CD contains tracks that may be identical to tracks from a previously released album by the same artist, so could CTDB be comparing them to the tracks from the other album, which might be in the database, and that is why only some tracks could be verified? Or does CTDB not compare tracks from different albums?
Only if the disc layout is the same from the actual start of track 1 through end of the last track. For example, your rip [link] has a 32 frame pregap but the previous record in the database [link] did not. The layout was identical otherwise.
All tracks were verified by AccurateRip with confidence 5. I worry that 5 could be from when I ripped the same CD in EAC years ago, but I never previously clicked "Send AccurateRip Results..." in EAC. So:
A) Does "Send AccurateRip Results..." send the CRCs of my rips to EAC?
B) If so, then the other entries in the database probably are not mine unless previous versions of EAC would automatically submit CRCs, because I never clicked "Send AccurateRip Results..." in the past.
Both AccurateRip and CTDB have some protection in place to prevent multiple submissions from a single user on a single machine. So your rip should be good. AccurateRip results should be sent every 30 days or so. The CTDB plugin sends results immediately.

This post has been edited by korth: Dec 23 2012, 22:41

--------------------
korth
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 06:59