IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help with inconsistent zip.wv error in Winrar
tawd
post Dec 21 2012, 21:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29512

I use zip.wv to store my lossless albums with album art/logs and embedded cuesheet/cover art, but I have found that when I open certain files using winrar I can see a list of the files in the archive, but when I try to view the items I get an error message stating that the archive is either unknown format or damaged and it doesn't allow me to view any of the information. The files still play perfectly and both Foobar and AIMP deal with the audio no problem, so I believe the problem lies with the zipping portion of my process. I have found that if I remove the embedded album cover on the problem files winrar has no longer has a problem, but it the error is inconsistent and only happens on some of the files. I always use Foobar to embed the CUE and the art, so one would think the problem would happen consistently to all the files, but it seems only some of the files are affected while others open in winrar with no error message. I'm guessing this is a PEBKAC issue and I'd like to find out what I am doing wrong.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 14:26