IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Trying to coax low-quality CDs through EAC
BFG
post Dec 21 2012, 15:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101637

I have around 20 commercial CDs in my collection that are apparently of very low quality. My personal laptop cannot even load them, and it takes my work laptop (my only alternative) quite a while to do so.
When I run these CDs - which contain single 79-80 minute tracks - through EAC, I can usually get to 60% or so before the drive starts having trouble reading them. By 70%, I start getting Read and Sync errors. Letting the drive cool off for a few minutes doesn't help much, but if I let the laptop sleep overnight, I can sometimes get the rest of the track read without errors.

I should note that these CDs have paper (adhesive) labels...I suspect that has something to do with the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to "coax" these low quality CDs through the reader? I'd prefer not to copy the tracks as multiple WAVs and splice them, as I'd lose metatags, album art, and possibly some audio data doing that.

EDIT: I should also note I haven't found any way to turn my reader's speed below 10x.

This post has been edited by BFG: Dec 21 2012, 15:47
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 09:14