IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[DOUBLE POST] Getting Started w/ Foobar
btilland
post Dec 19 2012, 05:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105262

Hi, I'm a brand new Foobar user, so please forgive the rudimentary nature of this question -- and also please forgive any violation of protocol. I'm trying to move away from iTunes, for various reasons, and Foobar looked like it was worth exploring as an alternative.

So I just did the download, everything looked fine -- and I discovered that I could access most of the music files that were already on my computer. I started up a tune, everything sounded fine -- and then as I was exploring some of the toolbar options and accidentally clicked the Playback/Random opttion (arrow + ?), the music came to a sudden halt.

When tried to get it started again, I discovered that the check option for Playback was stuck on STOP -- and nothing that I can do will un-stick it. I would assume that I should be able to select PAUSE, PLAY or whatever and the check mark would move to that box, but nothing moves it from STOP. The bar moves down the sub-menu options when I drag the mouse, but nothing happens when I select any other option. The check mark doesn't budge from STOP.

I've done a "reset," I've exited and restarted Foobar and I've even turned off and restarted the computer. All to no effect. At this point, I'm a little discouraged. This is not "user-friendly" behaviour.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong -- or what's going on?

Thanks...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 04:27