IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What kind of turntable should I get
AudioKing
post Dec 15 2012, 23:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105204

I currently own 1 vinyl and I would like to purchase a good turntable. My budget is anything less than $160. I would like a record player that doesn't require the use of external stereo speakers. Is it sort of necessary to use external speakers with turntables? Help Me!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Glenn Gundlach
post Dec 16 2012, 11:22
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 52914

QUOTE (AudioKing @ Dec 15 2012, 14:57) *
I currently own 1 vinyl and I would like to purchase a good turntable. My budget is anything less than $160. I would like a record player that doesn't require the use of external stereo speakers. Is it sort of necessary to use external speakers with turntables? Help Me!!

Good and $160 don't work too well in the same sentence regarding vinyl. I'd look for used Thorens, Technics, Dual on eBay or Craig's list. A used receiver, integrated amp or preamp will give you the RIAA phono stage you'll need with a magnetic cartridge. Keep in mind turntables were hundreds of dollars in their day and if you really wanted to keep the discs in good shape you'd buy the best you could afford. Be prepared for some disappointment as vinyl always seems great until you actually live with it. The 'good old days' don't always live up to the hype.

G
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th December 2014 - 02:35