IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

recommend music players SW for laptops?
bigidiot
post Dec 13 2012, 04:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10524

Hi, there, I would like to play around with several audio players. I know about most of the main apps, but have only tried them out superficially and would like an article and/or thread that tries to compare by features. Here's the wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...player_software

Can anyone point me to some good audio players (on Windows & Linux) and in a sentence or two explain why you like it. Obviously free is better, but I'd be willing to pay a little bit for something that I am comfortable with.

By default I've been using VLC. It's good and lightweight, but some things are less than ideal (namely with the interface and library management). I used to like WMP, but on my Vista machine it got corrupted somehow, and I decided there was no hope smile.gif

I haven't tried Winamp in a decade, but I will probably try it.

One thing I liked about Windows Media Player was that you can give ratings to individual tracks, and it would even appear in Windows Explorer. I also would like a better system for generating playlists and having easy access to them. I would like an easy way to access m3u playlists which I have already created.

Is there a feature where you can mark certain tracks as better than others? Is that specific to the player (or OS)? Or is there some way to edit the metadata?

Finally, do people generally prefer to use multipurpose apps like itunes or foobar2000 as their media player? Or do music geeks tend to prefer something that does mainly playing?

Thanks for your input about this vague and overly broad topic!!!

This post has been edited by bigidiot: Dec 13 2012, 04:01
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 09:39