IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Help with computer setup, Advice needed
extracampine
post Dec 12 2012, 23:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 45592

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on what kind of PC setup to use for my requirements.

My current setup:

Audio system: NAS - silent PC - DAC - AMP - speakers
Home PC: Vadim PC (5 years old), 24" BenQ monitor
iPAD: calendar, diary, PDF reader, other apps etc
iPhone: basically as above
TV - often connected to Home PC for movies

I use the home PC for internet, downloading, games, photos, emulation (hyperspin) and work (MSoffice)
I use the iPad for work as above, and for a number of other apps. I use PDF expert to handle my files, which it's good at, but don't tend to work with Word/Powerpoint files - this is easier on the PC

What I would ideally like is one unit to function as my main PC, work PC (and so replace the iPad if possible) and media server for sending movies to the TV (ideally with a DVD/blu-ray player). I would like something relatively powerful in order to be able to play modern games (I'm not looking for mega resolutions), though really like the functionality of the iPad and would like to have this if possible. I have seen some laptop/tablet combos that look interesting.

Any thoughts, relevant or otherwise, appreciated!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 17:45