IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Modular foobar UI?, how about exploding foobar into pieces
ploko
post Dec 12 2012, 12:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105134

I like foobar project because I like simple, lightweight and precise software, but for my music playing I currently prefer classic Winamp.

One of the reasons is it's ability to have separate docking and un-docking interface components, such as media library, playlist and the player itself.

I like that the player itself can be a separate, compact agent that's always at hand, beside other windows or even better - on top of them - as a small streak with basic controls that quickly unfolds into normal player and back on double click. I can quickly bring up playlist or library or equaliser, rearrange whatever I need and then leave just the player.

Modular design is more convenient in many cases, it's like having separate toolboxes that you can move around, take with you, or make magically appear and disappear on command.

What do you guys think of such idea for foobar? When I tried it yesterday I thought that I might switch to it if I could not just move the elements within the interface, but as well undock them, or at least if it had a small player agent that I could use for controls without occupying screen space.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th December 2014 - 11:45