IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Foobar Install Disaster!, Installation of Foobar & Config of Components (locked: see TOS #5)
Foobar Flubber
post Dec 7 2012, 21:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105038

Hi all,

I'm brand new here and chose a username based on my initial experience with the foobar player.

I can get into the library and view my components, but can't do nuttin with them!

All I ask is to be walked, step by step, into getting everything straightened out. My OS is Windows Vista and I have plenty of memory.

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cynic
post Dec 8 2012, 20:51
Post #2

Member No.: 41244

There are no flashy meters with this version, you just get the ability to write a log file and tag tracks and albums with their respective DR values. These and other options are configurable under Preferences > Advanced > Tools > Dynamic Range Meter.
+Quote Post
Foobar Flubber
post Dec 8 2012, 21:03
Post #3

Member No.: 105038

QUOTE (Cynic @ Dec 8 2012, 14:51) *
There are no flashy meters with this version, you just get the ability to write a log file and tag tracks and albums with their respective DR values. These and other options are configurable under Preferences > Advanced > Tools > Dynamic Range Meter.

Too bad. I was actually surprised by some of the readings I got for random mp3 files of 1970s songs. Up to DR16! For stuff since 2000, average DR had been DR6. Katy Perry's "California Gurlz" is a standout for a 2010s era CHR track: DR10! And it sure sounds that way, very refreshing.

Unrelated, but the audio converter is very bare-bones, and in MP3 mode is variable-bitrate only.

I use neither VBR or Joint-stereo in any mp3s I create or rip from CDs.

This post has been edited by Foobar Flubber: Dec 8 2012, 21:05
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 20:08