IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Entire DVD collection to view on TV via hard drive. File type?
tarkovsky
post Dec 2 2012, 12:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104112

I have a large DVD movie collection that I would like to put onto a large hard drive and get rid of all the DVD's. I should note first that I would like to rip it all without compression. I am of course open to comments on this however.

I mainly want to go directly from my hard drive to my TV. I have had some luck with the VOB files in terms of playing them on my TV via hard drive, but the transitions are not always perfect. Images are convenient for ripping, and I can play them from my laptop to the TV, but this isn't the most convenient for me. I'd rather have them going straight from my hard drive. I also realize future TV could accept more (or perhaps less) file types.

In short, i'm looking for an easy way to rip DVD's as I have hundreds of them, and i'm open to any suggestions and discussion. I currently have a Samsung series 5 40 inch TV.

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tarkovsky
post Dec 3 2012, 09:31
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 104112

I also just looked into VOB2MPG, which seems ideal for my purposes. I am not exactly sure how it works yet though, I'll have to try it out when I get home. I assume it extracts a single MPG file from the non-encrypted DVD??

I'll mess around with the already mentioned options and update the thread later. Thanks again.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 15:11