IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Impedance matching question, Motherboard to Technics V3
Codplay
post Dec 2 2012, 05:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104916

Hi all, just have a quick question regarding impedance matching. My desktop computer speakers finally died on me (Altec Lansing 2100), and I'm not in a position to be buying replacement speakers of reasonable quality. I do however have an old pair of Monitor Audio MA-5s, which pair beautifully with the Technics V3 amp (my dad's old sound system - he gave me everything but the Technics turntable! xD)

My question is - can I connect my audio-out from my PC to an input on the V3 using a simple adapter. I can find all kinds of numbers on the impedance of the amp, but quite honestly I'm not sure what much of it means and I don't know how to compare that to my PC. The audio-out is from my motherboard (no dedicated sound card sadly) which is the Asus P8Z77-M Pro.

If somebody could help me out and let me know if the two would play nice together, that would be awesome.

Cheers!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AndrewCottrell
post Dec 2 2012, 13:45
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7571

I've been using a Technics SU-V3 with my computer for years. There have been no apparent problems. I advise setting the speaker selection switch to OFF before powering on or off, and also while booting the computer if the input selector switch is set to AUX.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 14:39