IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

best way to concentate low-quality mp3s together?
bigidiot
post Nov 19 2012, 00:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10524

Hi, there, I recorded an important interview with what I thought was a high quality audio recorder (Marantz).
Apparently I totally messed up on the settings. I used a preset which recorded in mp3 of 64 bit, and worse, the recorder automatically chopped everything into 3 or 5 minute clips. What a bother! (I read the manual very thoroughly after that!)

I need to concatenate the mp3s into a single audio lasting about 45 or 60 minutes. I haven't opened up Audacity yet, but I suspect I can just connect the tracks using that tool. When I put everything into a big track and save as mp3, will the sound quality decline precipitiously? Are there any settings I can take to minimize any degradation of quality which occurs?

This is only speech, so the quality does not have to be great. But there might be some additional sound quality issues (i.e., things which need to removed or flattened out) to deal with.

Should I make a wav of everything first, and then edit and then convert the longer file into mp3?

Thanks. Robert
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
bigidiot
post Nov 21 2012, 19:42
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10524

Thanks for all your ideas. I'll try them out and report back next week.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:21