IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Opus inside OggPages, Decoding a live Opus internet stream
thinktink
post Nov 14 2012, 06:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104501

I'm currently working on a Winamp input plugin to provide better native support for the Opus codec than the one that dshow could provide linking in the k-lite codec pack. Metadata and whatnot.

Anyways, I'm dynamically linking in the official opusfile-0.1-win32 libraries from the opus-codec site and I have been able to succesfully decode and get Winamp to play a local .opus file. However, I've not been so fortunate with online streams.

I am not familiar at all with any of the internals/packets/pages/whatevers of live streams. I can get my plugin to connect to a server, get the data it's outchucking, parse out the HTTP header, parse the seperate Ogg Pages, get the OpusHead, and get the OpusTags, but that's it. I tried sending, just the Ogg pages, a chain of Ogg pages, individual segments in the pages, to all of the in-memory functions of the libraries but they all either return error code -133 (OP_EBADHEADER), -137 (OP_EBADLINK), or -139 (OP_EBADTIMESTAMP).

I know nothing of "granules", whatever that means.

Can somebody tell me how to decode an Ogg Opus stream with those libraries or if it's not possible to?

C++

tia

This post has been edited by thinktink: Nov 14 2012, 06:19
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
NullC
post Nov 15 2012, 15:54
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 7653

QUOTE (thinktink @ Nov 13 2012, 21:15) *
I am not familiar at all with any of the internals/packets/pages/whatevers of live streams. I can get my plugin to connect to a server, get the data it's outchucking, parse out the HTTP header, parse the seperate Ogg Pages, get the OpusHead, and get the OpusTags, but that's it. I tried sending, just the Ogg pages, a chain of Ogg pages, individual segments in the pages, to all of the in-memory functions of the libraries but they all either return error code -133 (OP_EBADHEADER), -137 (OP_EBADLINK), or -139 (OP_EBADTIMESTAMP).

Live streams are exactly like files. You shouldn't need to do any parsing, you should be able to pass the data to opusfile using the callback apis.

Opusfile has good http support internally, but unfortunately its POSIX-api only at this point so it doesn't include that functionality on Windows. I think it would be great if someone wanted to work on that.

Can somebody tell me how to decode an Ogg Opus stream with those libraries or if it's not possible to?

Can you post your code? It's easier to point out problems in existing code then to walk over the whole process and hopefully clarify something for you by accident.

This post has been edited by NullC: Nov 15 2012, 15:55
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 11:41