IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Commandline audio analysis utility?
sheh
post Nov 4 2012, 18:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17971

Can anyone suggest a utility that takes an audio file as input, and can output to a text/CSV file various data (RMS, peaks, dominant frequencies, etc.) per each N ms of the input, for both time and frequency domains?

Windows is my main target, but *nix as well.

It seems SoX has a few features in this direction, but not flexible enough (e.g., data per N ms, frequency domain resolution).
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DVDdoug
post Nov 5 2012, 21:25
Post #2

Member No.: 46454

If you don't want to write an application yourself, Your best bet is probably MATLAB or a MATLAB Clone.

Of course, you'd need to understand the math required for what you want to accomplish. I've never used any of these programs, but I believe FFT is "built-in" (and simpler things like average & RMS algirithms) so you shouldn't have to develop all of the math from scratch.

This post has been edited by DVDdoug: Nov 5 2012, 21:27
+Quote Post
rgtb
post Nov 5 2012, 22:49
Post #3

Member No.: 103446

QUOTE (DVDdoug @ Nov 5 2012, 21:25) *
If you don't want to write an application yourself, Your best bet is probably MATLAB or a MATLAB Clone.

+1. i've never used Matlab for audio but it should come with all necessary functionality. it can read WAV files, write CSV files, and has the most essential libraries such as FFTW built-in.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 10:44