IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

(possible feature request) field for audio hash
Nisto
post Oct 28 2012, 04:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 73522

Hi. Is there a way to access a hash (of any kind), or actually just any way to identify the actual audio of a file? I'm using the customdb component, and it needs key(s) in order to know which tags goes to which tracks. I have only used tags as keys so far, but I realized I come across tag-less files--and even files incapable of being tagged--every so often, so that of course means any data for these type of files, from customdb, will be merged with other tag-less files. But that's really just one of the ways tags or general file information can crash (for me anyway).

Anyway... as far as I know, foobar2000 doesn't really provide a simple "%hash%" field right? (Sure, there's %__md5% but not all containers define MD5 hashes...) If that's really the case, then I'm guessing the reason it hasn't been implemented yet, is either because you didn't see any use for it, or because it would slow down the software a bit? But how would it be if you at least allowed users to "enable" a hash field through a standard component (e.g. optional when installing fb2k)?

I did read this topic by the way, but I don't like the idea of storing these IDs in the tags.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mudlord
post Oct 31 2012, 03:46
Post #2

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 49165

Hash is SHA-1, and no, you must scan a file first.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 15:13